Learn the way to make these four banana Halloween treats full of gut-loving vitamins that gained’t throw your digestion completely out of whack—and take not more than 5 minutes to make—forward. *Spooky scary cooking faculty* is now in session.
Consultants In This Article
- Yumna Jawad, recipe developer and content material creator behind Really feel Good Foodie
Halloween treats which can be really good for digestion
Spooky treats, however make them microbiome-friendly? Straightforward sufficient, says Jawad. The star ingredient in all 4 of those recipes are bananas, that are great for digestion and have about three grams of fiber per serving.
Bananas also contain loads of potassium, a key ingredient for sustaining electrolyte balance. “Bananas are additionally excessive in potassium which is among the electrolytes that’s important for bodily features corresponding to pH stability, water stability in our our bodies, blood strain, digestion, and even muscle contraction,” Jennifer Maeng, MS, RD, a NYC-based dietitian, beforehand shared with Effectively+Good.
After all, it wouldn’t be Halloween treats with no little spooky flare, which Jawad does ever so effortlessly with the assistance of some further tasty substances right here and there—suppose mini chocolate chips for ghost eyes and a few thinly-cut celery for tangerine “pumpkin” stems. Learn to make these, and different scrumptious banana treats forward.
4 wholesome banana Halloween treats
Frozen boo-nana pops
Yields 4 servings
1 cup of white chocolate chips
8 mini chocolate chips
4 wood sticks
1. Lower the banana in half lengthwise after which slice in half to make 4 quarters. Insert popsicle sticks into the minimize finish of the bananas, and freeze the bananas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for as much as two hours.
2. When the bananas are frozen, place the white chocolate chips in a cup and soften within the microwave, stirring each 30 seconds.
3. Dip the bananas, one after the other, into the chocolate, scraping off the surplus chocolate from the again of the banana, and place it on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
4. Rapidly add the chocolate chips for the eyes earlier than the chocolate hardens.
Monster banana bites
Yields 6 servings
6 lollipop sticks
1 cup white and/or darkish chocolate
1 Tsp coconut oil
1. Warmth the white chocolate chips in a single bowl (you possibly can add half a teaspoon of coconut oil to the combo), till melted. Warmth the semi candy chocolate in one other bowl, till melted. In the meantime, minimize the banana into half-inch slices.
2. Use a fork to dip every banana slice within the melted chocolate, permitting any extra chocolate to drip off. Place the chocolate-coated bananas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Place some sweet eyes and a popsicle and place the baking sheet within the freezer to set, about three hours.
Monster eye roll-ups
Yields 4 servings
Peanut butter, as wanted
Jelly, as wanted
Sweet eyes, as wanted
Appetizer toothpicks, as wanted
1. Warmth the tortilla within the microwave till gentle and pliable. This can assist it roll up simpler.
2. Unfold peanut butter on the tortilla after which unfold the jelly on high. Place peeled banana within the center.
3. Roll the banana and tortilla collectively. Slice into quarters. Place two of the roll-ups on a small toothpick. Use sweet eye as garnish. Jawad’s professional tip: It’s okay if these get messy and also you get blood–aka jelly–all over the place!
Ghost bananas and tangerine pumpkins
Yields 4 servings
Chocolate chips, as wanted
1 celery stick, minimize into skinny batonnets
1. For the ghosts: Lower the bananas lengthwise. (You can too slice them in half to make 4 quarters should you’d wish to make them smaller.) Place two chocolate chips in the direction of the highest of the bananas to set the eyes.
2. For the pumpkins: Peel the tangerines and take away as a lot white pith as potential. Insert the minimize celery into the highest of the peeled tangerines.
Bananas to spare? Time for banana bread: