Regardless of my greatest efforts, summer season is the season when my journal tends to gather extra mud than memories. Simply this morning, I jotted down a fast recap out of some invisible obligation (“ate a lot of watermelons, swam in a lot of swimming pools, learn a lot of YA books“) in order that I might get on with the great things. Fall is approaching and abruptly, my journal beckons. Its crisp, clean pages primed and prepared for all my sensible ideas… however, full disclosure? That is coming from a girl who actually simply typed “smart” into thesaurus.com solely to decide on the equally uninspired, “sensible” for the earlier sentence.
It could seem my mind may gain advantage from one thing of a jumpstart.
Irrespective of the way you method your journaling observe this season, whether or not you’re new to journaling, a die-hard everyday-er, or like me, simply dipping again in after a protracted stretch, journal prompts are the kindest entry to writing. Personally, I discover that September is the right month to realign with morning and evening routines that most probably took a extra relaxed method in the summertime.
Featured picture from our interview with Megan Roup by Michelle Nash.
52 September Journal Prompts for Everything You Need
I like to gently invite longer stretches of writing into my day and pay attention to the transition happening both around and within me. Journal prompts are helpful any time of year, but these are particularly directed toward September—when the days grow shorter, our attention begs to turn inward, and we realize that an ending (and with that, a new beginning), is in sight.
For Checking In
- How do you feel—really?
- What do you want—really?
- What’s been a big win for you so far this year?
- What matters most to you this season?
- What are you studying about your self?
- What have you learnt for certain?
- What are you questioning about?
- What’s right here to remain?
- What’s going to move?
- While you really feel ache or unhappiness, what makes you are feeling grounded?
- Are you forcing your self to take care of any relationships?
- What are the vitality givers in your life?
- What are the vitality takers in your life?
- The place are you able to higher concentrate?
- What’s one factor you’ll be able to take away out of your plate this season?
- What does your physique want right now?
- What does your soul want right now?
- What three issues are contributing to your peace proper now?
- What does your splendid weekend appear like this season?
- What fall rituals did you all the time stay up for? What new fall rituals are you able to create this 12 months?
- What are you good at?
- What makes you distinctive?
- Problem your self to put in writing an entire web page devoted to compliments about your self.
- What are you studying to let go of?
- What are some methods you’ll be able to present compassion towards your self?
- What phrases of encouragement do you most want to listen to right now?
- Mirror on once you met your greatest pal. What about them instantly drew you in? Now brainstorm the qualities about your self that drew you to them.
- Write concerning the methods your presence alone makes others really feel comfortable, seen, and supported.
- Write a few time once you felt actually your self.
- Make an inventory of the issues making your life easier proper now.
- How will you let a previous lesson information your future?
- What’s one downside you’ll be able to launch?
- What intentions do you wish to set for the months forward?
- What are some methods you’ll be able to grasp your actions? Feelings? Mindset?
- Assume 10 years up to now and 10 years sooner or later. What would you inform your youthful self? What hopes would you share along with your older self?
- Make an inventory of your values. How are you residing out and in of alignment with these values?
- Outline what success appears like for your self.
- Write a few tough time in your life. How did you get via it?
- What’s your mantra on this season?
- What are 10 issues making you cheerful proper now?
- What makes you are feeling most like your self?
- What have you ever been listening to these days?
- Write about a spot the place you are feeling most impressed. Describe how you are feeling emotionally and bodily once you’re there and mirror on how the surroundings engages your senses.
- What’s the subsequent factor you wish to study?
- What’s one of the best recommendation you’ve ever obtained?
- What two issues are you able to do that week to expertise growth in your life?
For Inventive Power
- What actions or hobbies show you how to expertise artistic circulate?
- What have been your favourite issues to do as a toddler?
- What does your dream house appear like?
- How did you uncover your love for what you do? Be it professionally, creatively, or in your free time?
- What does artwork imply to you?
- What does magnificence imply to you?
This publish was initially revealed on September 2, 2022, and has since been up to date.