These simple no-bake protein bars make a scrumptious seize and go snack, and style identical to dessert!
Get an additional serving of protein in that will help you really feel extra full and happy with these fast and scrumptious bars. Sweetened with only a small quantity of maple syrup, they’re low on the glycemic index, and include a pleasant stability of energy-supporting components.
Once I’m making a “snack” (which I like to consider as a “mini meal”) I at all times take into consideration together with vitamins that I’d put in a full meal, which is why I like together with protein powder in a recipe like this.
Because the physique doesn’t have a “storage tank” for protein prefer it does for fats and carbs, together with it with every meal alternative ensures you’ll have entry to the amino acids protein comprises that assist gasoline your muscle tissue, help your immune system (1), and help mind, hormone and enzyme perform.
I included cacao on this recipe (that’s uncooked, darkish chocolate). Not like cocoa powder, there’s no added sugar or dairy, and uncooked cacao hasn’t been roasted, processed or warmth handled – all of which cut back among the well being advantages like antioxidants and flavonoids.
Cacao is wealthy in polyphenols that are naturally occurring antioxidants (2). It has sturdy iron ranges, comprises magnesium (for a wholesome coronary heart and mind) and is a pure supply of feel-good bliss chemical substances that may elevate your temper. So don’t hesitate to take pleasure in a chocolate craving once you’ve acquired this recipe readily available!
Make sure you learn the meals labels once you’re searching for cacao, the purpose is to seek out it uncooked and natural to reap the good thing about the entire vegetation vitamins; so search for issues like “chilly pressed” and “milled at low temperatures,” in addition to the USDA Natural label. This is the one I use.
Chocolate Espresso Protein Bars
Yield: 6 servings
You will have: measuring cups and spoons, 8×8” sq. pan, spatula, mixing bowl, espresso or espresso maker
Key: T=Tablespoon; tsp=teaspoon
- 4 servings (136 grams) I Chocolate Protein powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 T maple syrup
- 1/4 cup espresso, freshly brewed and cooled (can substitute sturdy espresso if wanted)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
Non-obligatory: To make this extra like a dessert add 3/4 cup darkish chocolate items or chips, with 70% – 85% cacao (you should utilize kind of, as you need)
*I don’t advocate swapping out coconut flour for a unique flour because it’s very absorbent and also you want a really small quantity of it to make the recipe stick collectively. Nonetheless you could add somewhat extra coconut flour (strive a further tablespoon at a time) for those who really feel your batter isn’t thickening up.
- Mix the dry components in a mixing bowl, stirring to ensure there aren’t any lumps.
- Add the maple syrup, cooled espresso and almond milk. Combine till properly mixed.
- Use a spatula to press the combination flat right into a 8″x8″ baking dish. Refrigerate till agency. Take away from the baking dish and lower into 6 equal measurement bars.
- If utilizing the chocolate chips, soften the chocolate in a microwave or in a heatproof bowl over sizzling water. Dip every bar into the chocolate to coat the bottom and sides. Drizzle somewhat chocolate excessive. Let it set at room temperature or refrigerate to set.
- Retailer the bars in an hermetic container within the fridge. They’ll final per week or two. Until you eat all of them first!
So scrumptious! I hope you take pleasure in them, let me understand how they end up – I really like listening to from you!
I do a number of baking with my very own Betty Rocker protein powder as a result of I do know precisely what’s in it (and what’s not!). Should you’re searching for a clear, scrumptious protein powder that comprises all of the important amino acids, is natural, and versatile sufficient to be baked with or just shaken in a mixer bottle, you’ve discovered a winner!
I Chocolate Protein is a 100% ORGANIC, excessive protein (21g per serving), nutrient-dense entire meals protein powder combining 4 plant-based protein sources right into a scrumptious chocolate shake to help an lively way of life!
In case you are following a wholesome way of life, you’ll love the power and vitality you get every time you shake it, bake it, or mix it up with I Chocolate Protein so you may simply enhance your whole each day protein consumption!
Up to date 9/12/2022: I just lately examined this recipe once more myself after listening to folks had combined outcomes. I made it with various quantities of almond milk and located that it labored in all instances, however including somewhat greater than the 1/2 cup beforehand listed gave it extra fudge-like consistency so I’ve up to date the recipe to replicate this as I feel it’s very nice.
Do not forget that substituting different components, even different protein powders can change the consistency of your recipe and it’ll end up otherwise. I’ve made it with each the vanilla protein and our chocolate protein and each come out completely. I additionally elevated the serving measurement and left off the chocolate chip topping to make it a extra protein dense mini-meal.
- Li P, Yin YL, Li D, Kim SW, Wu G. Amino acids and immune perform. Br J Nutr. August 2007 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17403271/
- Katz, David L et al. “Cocoa and chocolate in human well being and illness.” Antioxidants & redox signaling vol. 15,10 (2011): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4696435/